Apple releases the iOS 10.1 update as the biggest update after iOS 10. iOS 10.1 update fixed many things plus they have unlocked the complete portrait mode feature for the iPhone 7 Plus users. Also, this Portrait Mode is almost the best feature in iPhone 7 Plus. This mode uses the both lenses, the telephoto lens is there to add the depth-of-field in your photos. The also fixed hell lot of features just check them in the end of the article.
iOS 10.1 Update Portrait Mode Hands-on
The Portrait Mode is still in beta phase as Apple clearly mentioned this thing on the screen. It is better and improved in this phase. Apple will update it later again. Check this Image below posted on Arstecnica, he owns this image.
All Portrait Mode shots are auto taken with the telephoto lens. When you take a Portrait shot, your phone saves both of the blurred and the standard telephoto image. The iOS Photos app makes it clear when you’re looking at a Portrait Mode image by adding the Depth Effect stamp to them, similar to the stamp that tells you when a picture is using HDR.
Notable tweaks and complete release note.
Enabling reduce motion & switching off iMessage effects are now separate toggles. you’ll only see the second toggle if “reduce motion” is enabled, though.
iOS 10.1 update brings lot of changes. The dots are gone, replaced with a more flexible scrollbar. Next, the name of the current sticker pack is always displayed at the bottom of the screen.
iOS 10.1 Update: Camera and Photos
- Introduces Portrait Camera for iPhone 7 Plus that creates a depth effect that keeps your subject sharp while creating a beautifully blurred background (beta).
- People names in the Photos app are saved in iCloud backups.
- Improved the display of wide color gamut photos in the grid views of the Photos app
- Fixes an issue where opening the Camera app would show a blurred or flashing screen for some users.
- Fixes an issue that caused Photos to quit for some users when turning on iCloud Photo Library.
iOS 10.1 Update: Maps
- Transit support for every major train, subway, ferry, and national bus line, as well as local bus systems for Tokyo, Osaka, and Nagoya.
- Sign-based transit navigation including layouts of all underground structures and walkways that connect large transit stations.
- Transit fare comparison when viewing alternative transit routes.
iOS 10.1 Update: Messages
- New option to replay bubble and full-screen effects.
- Messages effects can play with Reduce Motion enabled.
- Fixes an issue that could lead to contact names appearing incorrectly in Messages.
- Addresses an issue where Messages could open to a white screen.
- Addresses an issue that could prevent the report junk option from displaying with unknown senders.
- Fixes an issue where videos captured and sent in the Messages app could be missing audio.
iOS 10.1 Update: Apple Watch
- Adds distance and average pace to workout summaries in the Activity app for outdoor wheelchair run pace and outdoor wheelchair walk pace.
- Fixes issues that may have prevented Music playlists from syncing to Apple Watch.
- Addresses an issue that was preventing invitations and data to appear in Activity Sharing.
- Fixes an issue that was allowing Activity Sharing to update over cellular when manually disabled.
- Resolves an issue that was causing some third-party apps to crash when inputting text.
iOS 10.1 Update Other improvements and fixes
- Improves Bluetooth connectivity with 3rd party accessories.
- Improves AirPlay Mirroring performance when waking a device from sleep.
- Fixes an issue where playback would not work for iTunes purchased content when the “Show iTunes Purchases” setting is turned off.
- Fixes an issue where certain selfie apps and face filters used with the FaceTime HD Camera on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus did not display a live preview.
- Fixes an issue in Health where individual strokes are converted to separate characters when using the Chinese handwriting keyboard.
- Improves performance of sharing websites from Safari to Messages.
- Fixes an issue in Safari that caused web previews in tab view to not display correctly.
- Fixes an issue that caused certain Mail messages to be reformatted with very small text.
- Fixes an issue that caused some HTML email to be formatted incorrectly.
- Fixes an issue that in some cases caused the search field to disappear in Mail.
- Fixes an issue that could prevent Today View Widgets from updating when launched.
- Fixes an issue where Weather widget sometimes failed to load data.
- Fixes an issue on iPhone 7 where Home Button click settings would not appear in search results.
- Fixes an issue that prevented spam alert extensions from blocking calls.
- Resolves an issue that could prevent alarm sounds from going off.
- Fixes an issue where audio playback via Bluetooth would cause the Taptic engine to stop providing feedback for some users.
- Resolves an issue preventing some users from restoring from iCloud Backup.